The e-zwich card is an interoperable biometric smart card payment system which connects all financial institutions in Ghana; allowing e-zwich cardholders to perform banking and retail transactions at the outlets of other e-zwich financial institutions.
e-zwich Card Transaction Types
- Banking: e-zwich banking service allows e-zwich cardholders to perform banking functions like Cash deposit, Cash withdrawal, cash transfers and savings.
- Retail: e-zwich retail service involves using the card for the payment of goods and services at various retail and corporate merchant outlets using the e-zwich POS device.
- e-zwich-2-mobile: Allows e-zwich cardholders to transfer funds directly from an e-zwich card to any mobile money wallet across networks.
Benefits of e-zwich to Participating Financial Institutions (PFI)
|KPI (Bank)||-||e-zwich offerings|
|Deposit Mobilization||-||Deposit on Card (Funds on clients are held with the bank)|
|Non-Interest Income||-||Transactional Fees (PDS/ Money Transfers/ Draw Cash/Load funds)|
|Increase no. of customers||-||Issue Smartcard (KYC/Branchless Banking)|
Benefits of the e-zwich SMARTCARD
- Gives the cardholder access to a wide range of retail and banking services at any POS terminal anywhere in Ghana.
- Ability to perform Offline transactions. i.e. able to perform most transactions in areas where there may be poor or no connectivity.
- The e-zwich Smartcard is secure. It requires biometric (fingerprint) authentication as the only means of verification when transacting.