The e-zwich International Remittance Platform is a platform that allows e-zwich cardholders in Ghana to receive money directly unto their e-zwich cards from abroad. The system facilitates the secure and Instant distribution of funds directly unto beneficiary e-zwich cards.
The remittance platform also allow individuals to receive money directly into their bank accounts.
How it works
To receive Remittance unto an e-zwich card:
- A beneficiary needs to register for an e-zwich card from any bank or Savings & Loans
- Give the e-zwich number to the sender
- The sender will do the transfer from any Unitylink Outlet, using the recipients e-zwich number (located behind the e-zwich card)
- Once the money is sent to the card, the recipient can go to any branch of a bank or Savings Loans Company or e-zwich agent location to load and withdraw your money.
To Send Remittance to e-zwich Cards
- Visit any Unitylink Agent Location
- Provide the necessary documentation as requested by Unitylink https://unitylink.com/
- Provide Unitylink Agent with Beneficiary's 10 digit e-zwich number and the amount to be transferred.
- Electronic funds will be loaded unto beneficiary account
Even though the e-zwich International Remittance platform is opened to all international remittance companies who transfer / remit funds to Ghana, Unitylink Remittance Company is currently the only Company on the Platform. The company has outlets in the UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy.
Benefits of Receiving Remittance on e-zwich Cards
- It is safe, secure and convenient
- It is fast. Funds are received same day they are remitted.
- Beneficiaries can walk to any bank either than the bank that issued the card to them; to receive their money
- There is no need for a pin or password as your finger print is all you need to load and withdraw your funds
Processes for joining the Scheme as a Remittance Company
- Remittance Companies who are interested should contact GhIPSS